About the Mobile Medicare Project
The Mobile Medicare Project had launched with the Blessings of Bhagawan in July 2008, Till date i.e as of March 2016, over 3.9 million patients were provided with free medical aid across Maharashtra & Goa.
Over 45000 patients are receiving treatment every month for a wide variety of diseases including hypertension, diabetes, allergies, digestive, respiratory, gynaec and other ailments. The mobile dispensaries are fully equipped with a range of medicines and equipments for diagnosis and treatment of patients. The medical vans are the most viable alternative in terms of cost, time and manpower resources, to reach out to distant and also remote areas.
CURRENTLY, 52 MOBILE VANS ARE FUNCTIONING ACROSS MAHARASHTRA & GOA IN OVER 27 DISTRICTS. IT IS PLANNED, WITH BHAGAWAN’S GRACE, TO HAVE 108 VANS OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS IN A PHASED MANNER.
The Mobile Medicare Project seeks to cover the whole state of Maharashtra and Goa, and by Bhagawan’s 95th Birthday it aims to treat over 50 lakhs or 5 millions patients. The Project aims at providing basic healthcare to over 20 lakh patients annually over a phased manner. Already extensive work is being done to provide free cataract surgery to thousands across the states of Maharashtra & Goa. It is planned to establish a disaster & emergency service in times of need in all areas where the mobile vans operate.
Features of the Mobile Medicare Project
- Acquisition of several mobile dispensaries fully equipped with necessary facilities availabe at a General Practitioner's Clinic.
- Envisages the provision of free medical treatment and medicines in a professional manner.
- Manned by professionals - supported by our seva dal and volunteers.
- Visiting fixed centres, orphanages, destitute homes, old folks homes, etc., as per a fixed schedule.
- Bone Density, Eye and Dental, Mother and Child Care Campsetc., to be conducted at regular intervals.
- Provision of Pathological tests where necessary.
- Directing serious cases to affliated hospitals.
- Vaccination Camps jointly with government bodies.
- Coordinating with local groups for a proper health plan.
- Eradication of malnutrition an providing nutritional support on a masive scale particularly to children and women.
- Spreading the Value Oriented Teachings of Bhagawan at all centres through Bal Vikas, Study Circles, Bhajans etc.